Friday, December 2, 2011

Crochet Bitty Baby hat and booties


I've started to crochet, and I LOVE it! I wasn't very fond of knitting when I tried it, but crochet is great. It's fairly easy to learn thanks to all these great internet tutorials floating around.  I can't believe how fast it is too.  I made this hat and booties for my daughter's Bitty Baby from a preemie pattern.  I think the hat took 2 days, but it was the first thing I ever crocheted!  The booties took about 4 days because the pattern had to be altered to fit better and I didn't have a clue what I was doing lol

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If you're interested, the pattern I used is here. I used Sugar and Cream yarn that I had leftover from a previous knitting fail (I can't recommend this yarn for beginners, it doesn't slide over the needles like acrylics). I followed the hat pattern exactly, but I don't know how accurate I was! The booties were started with the matching bootie pattern at the bottom of that page, but I realized they were too small once I finished the first bootie. Once I realized how they were made I just added extra stitches and tested it out periodically to make sure it might fit. I basically flew by the seat of my pants and somehow they came out okay haha. Not bad for my first crochet projects, huh?

Now I just need to get up a tutorial and pattern for the shirt and pants. The top was made from a newborn onesie I bought at my neighbor's garage sale for $.25, and the pants were made from an old pajama top of mine. There's a hat that matches the pants as well, but I'll save that for next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...